Can son claim share in property bought by father in grandmoms name?

I lost my husband in 2013 they had one flat on the name of my mother n law and father n law father n law had already expired two sister n law are still there I have one son my mother n law asked me to leave the house and stay wid my parents since I was week I left them and now staying wid my parents can I claim in the property for me and my son...Kindly assist...

Answers (1)

236 votes
You and your son have equal undivided share in the property of your deceased husband. You can file a suit for partition claiming the same on behalf of you and your son. You will have 18th right in the flat which was in your in-laws name. Since your husband would have inherited part of the property of his father on the latters death, you will have a right to half of such property that he would have inherited. The other half would go to your son.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles