quesCan Registered Gifted and Mutated proper be claimed ?

In 2009 , my father made a gift deed , followed by Regd. Will , mutation in my name . Unfortunately my father expired on November’14

Adv. of my brother sent me a notice to partition the said property and handover 1/3 part, else he shall file a suit .

He mentioned that my father made another will on Sept’14 stating that he wanted property and other belongings should be equally divided among his 3 children. He also stated that the said house was built with his ancestral house proceeds.


  • ans

    For exexution of any 'Will' you will have to pursue with the probation of will. Probation of Will basiclly means that you  go ahead with the proving of validity of the will.

    However the second Will can be challenged by way of filing a suit.

    To note that if the ancestral proceeds were used for construction of property there should be due evidence proving the said fact and investment of proceeds from the ancestral property should have been consented by the other coparcners.

    Will and Property matters are sensitive. To give an accurate advice documents like the Will and other documents pertaining to property need to be looked into.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had a property 1-bhk in UTTAR PRADESH. my father was trying to sell this…

There is a girl, who's parents expired when she was at the age of 6…

My Father paid the money to my Mama to purchase land. But mama bought &…
My cousin's father expired a few days back. His father left an unregistered WILL signed…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly