can property of deceased son be transferred to parents instead of wife

my brother in law got married on 8 feb this year and passed away in a road accident on 28 feb. his wife is not too good with his parents. he bought a flat in his name recently. is there any way that the flat can be transferred in his parents name and does not go to his wife?

Answers (1)

167 votes

No. I assume he died intestate as he was too young to draw a WILL and the death was not anticipated. As per Hindu Succession Act, in case a person dies intestate, then all his property (movable and immovable) is distributed amongst all legal heirs equally. Therefore, wife would also get share.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles