can property of deceased son be transferred to parents instead of wife

my brother in law got married on 8 feb this year and passed away in a road accident on 28 feb. his wife is not too good with his parents. he bought a flat in his name recently. is there any way that the flat can be transferred in his parents name and does not go to his wife?

No. I assume he died intestate as he was too young to draw a WILL and the death was not anticipated. As per Hindu Succession Act, in case a person dies intestate, then all his property (movable and immovable) is distributed amongst all legal heirs equally. Therefore, wife would also get share.

best