Can possession be taken without completion and occupancy certificate

Hi, I booked a flat with Ajnara Integrity two years ago. The due date with 6 month extension was over on 1st oct. 2015 but just 3 days before it, the letter named "Offer Of Execution of Sale Deed" saying the flat was complete and is ready for possession but when I asked them about completion certificate and Occupancy certificate, they do not have the same. I want to know that Can they force me to take the possession and make final payment or charge any Penalty until they do not have these certificates?

Dear Sir,
It is advisable not to take possession or make final payment unless these two certificate are provided.
Kindly file an RTI and inquire whether the builder has applied for certificate of occupancy if so then why the same is not provided Nd will it be provided.
Please feel free to contact the undersigned for any clarification.
Regards
Pragya Wazir