Can parents disown me from ancestral property

I have a loan of 7 lakhs, and as i have done a love marriage. My Parents are denying to give my property (Ancestral property). So worried if the loan guys put a case on me

Answers (1)

371 votes

A pre-requisite condition required for a property to be Ancestral property is that it should be owned by the great grandfather followed by grandfather, father & present generation all in this linear generation living & enjoying the property. The property should not have ever partitioned & share in it distributed to any of the Hindu Coparceners as in any linear generation as mentioned above, in other words, it should be intact single property which is being used jointly by all members of the Hindu Joint family. Therefore, if your property falls within such ambit then you are entitled for the share in his Grandfather’s property. Hence you can file suit for partition thereby demanding your share in the property. However if the property of your grandfather was self-acquired then you shall have no right on the property unless your father gives the said property to you way or Will or Gift deed. Further, in case if he dies without a WILL, then his wife and his children including you will have right.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles