Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Can my name be added,with my mom for our flat as joint owner

My mom name as in joint with my dad...after his death my mom owns the flat and my name is as nominee.. now my mom wants my name to be added as joint. I am 42 years and single..and not planning to marry in future.. is it possible my name as joint.

Answers (2)

Kindly note that this process is for Maharashtra.
Procedure to follow for transmission when nomination is made by the flat owner
(1) The form of application for membership in Appendix-15, by the nominee/ nominees [ under Bye-law No. 34] with Rs100 entrance fee.
(2) If nominee has no independent income source, an undertaking on Rs100 Non-Judicial Stamp Paper, in Appendix-5 will be furnished by a person who is a close relative and an earning member and who is ready to discharge the liabilities of the prospective nominee-member to the Society. [ under Bye-law No.19(A) (v)]
(3) If there are more than one nominee, an indemnity on Rs200 Non-Judicial Stamp Paper is to be submitted by the prospective nominee-member, in Appendix-18. [ under Bye-law No.34 ]
(Note: This indemnity is to be given, only if one of the nominees become member of the society. If first named nominee becomes a member of the Society and all other nominees become joint associate members, this indemnity need not be given.)
(4) Undertaking on Rs100 Non-Judicial Stamp Paper to be submitted by the prospective nominee-member, in Appendix-4. [ under Bye-law No.17(b) and 19(A)(iv) ]
(5) Copy of the Nomination Form in Appendix-14, of the deceased member. [ under Bye-law no.34 ]
(6) Attested Xerox copy of the Death Certificate of the deceased member. [ under Bye-law no.34 ]
(7) Xerox copy of the Share Certificate of the deceased member, with undertaking on the Xerox copy, that original share certificate will be produced by the member, as and when asked by the Secretary for making the name change by the Society.
(8) If nominee-member wants to make one of his relatives an associate member, simultaneously with him, he needs to apply by filling the form in Appendix-8, with Rs100 entrance fee for the Associate Member. [ under Bye-law No. 19(B) ]
(9) If the nominee already possesses another flat in the same society, then to hold an additional flat, an application in Appendix-28, has to be made by the nominee-member. [ under Bye-law No. 62 ]
(10) Nomination to be made by the nominee-member, in Appendix-14, in triplicate. [ under Bye-law No.32 ]

(NOTE: This is also applicable, to the case, when no nomination is made, as given below...
(1) All forms and papers as stated above are to be submitted in a file to the Society's office.
(2) All dues of the Society and the deceased member in arrears and also future dues for the following six months have to be paid by the nominator member at the time of submitting the membership application.
(3) All stamp papers are to be purchased in user's name.
(4) Entrance fees, as in Sr. No.(1) and (8) have to be paid along with dues, at the time of submitting of the forms to the society.
(5) If the Society does not inform you of any objection within 90 days of submitting of your application for your membership, then under Section 22(2) of Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act, 1960, you become a deemed member of the Society. To confirm your deemed membership, you have to make an appeal to your Deputy Registrar, to take a hearing and pass an order under section 22(2), to confirm your membership by the society.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Friend ,
As you name can be added along with your mother name
for the same have to go for succession certificate and your name will be added later on

Do let me know more details or visit office for the same.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 3499
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 4999
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 6000
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7499
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Lend is our and high court decision to provide a road for two families Without our permission and no claim how it possible we eligible to case put on …

Read More

I'm a daughter can I get Shere of my mother's property. ..property registered mother's name and I'm married…

Read More

I purchased a bike from the seller but he had not transferred the ownership on my name. Now it has been so many years and the first owner (seller) is …

Read More

I am 67 year women and I have a flat in south Delhi and I want to sell it. Kindly guide me as How should I proceed. I have talked to a property dealer…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue