×

quesCan my mother evict me from the house in her name? How to avoid it?

What legal steps can I take against my mother who wants me, my wife & my child to vacate her self owned house? Actually she filed a fake complaint against me & my wife in Delhi Women Commission that we treated her badly & use abusive language with her.

All this she had done to favor my younger brother & my sister who are married. Now Delhi Women Commission has transfered the case to senior citizen court and told us to wait for their decision.

I am helpless now, kindly guide me what should I do?

If we take that the property in question is in your mother's name then you have no right in that property and you can't stay there as your mother doesn't want to live with you. 

It is her discretion on what she wants to do with her property and if you can show that you also made some contribution in buying the house or in construction then you might have a right.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services