quescan illegal occupant claim legal occupancy if not paying land revenue?

I am having Ancestral property with joint occupants in a village. they call it wada land. The Problem started when I inquired about records in the panchayat. Occupants who have their names in Hakka patra were already allocated their share, but their names still reflect in records of rights. Panchayat and Reg. office failed to give any records beyond 2008. Names still reflect in entire holding. They even do not pay their share of land revenue and not accepted notice. can they claim legal occupancy if not paying land revenue? Show way ahead for removal of names and recovery of money paid by us

  • ans

    We suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby demanding your share of land and also file an application for temporary injunction thereby seeking status quo on the land which means that they cannot sell the land. Further, till the suit is decided move an application before the same court, wherein you should mention that till the suit is decided all the joint occupants are liable to pay all taxes pertaining to the land. Till the suit is decided you cannot recover the money, on final decision from court you can recover the money paid to land revenue department  

    Further, send the a letter to land revenue department thereby informing them about the said suit.


  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My brother Mr.A died on 20th feb.2005 and my mother died on 10th Jan.2007.My mother…

I had purchased a studio apartment in raigarh, MH on the promise that it can…
My father made unregistered will. I filed probate case .lt was admitted nd hearing went…
I want to know if a builder has constructed an extra space without permission can…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>