Can I stop my father from giving his property to my brother

28-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
I am one of 2 siblings(Hindu) and have been treated unequally where my father has given money and properties to my elder brother and I have received nothing. What are my options? My father is not willing to admit it., but I have proof in the form of a email. The money was given when he was 34 now he is 45 and a property has been offered in his name this year. Even if my father decides to give me something he is not willing to take inflation into account. It is completely unfair as this info of the recent property given to my brother came to my knowledge by chance, where i saw an mail being sent by my father to my elder brother. I have always been kept in dark for a lot of family information. I dont know what else has been given to him and his family (wife & kid) as i have not been informed. I am currently 35 years old and this partiality towards one son is affecting my marriage in a huge way.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
514 votes
If the properties are your father's self-acquired assets, he can dispose of them in any manner he wishes. No one can question his action. Please talk to your father, explain your difficulties and arrive at a settlement.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."