Can I seal my own property by court order

Need help to get own property to be sealed by court or govt as it is occupied by criminal elements on the basis of forged documents. Matter of forgery is in the court as police did not do FIR and court is also keeping FIR application/ case since last two years may be due political reasons or a request from a politically active advocate on other end.

Answers (2)

218 votes

You can move the court of SDM under section 145 cr p c . In case you cannot get posession of your property then file a suit for posession at the earliest that Will be good for you .You must know what you want here you want two things one punishment for forgery and secondly posession of your property. The culprits cam be punished under criminal law and posession cam be delivered by civil court so don't waste your time and immediately file a suit for posession

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

224 votes

See first of all you should file a suit for restraining order whereby you get an injunction to prevent the goons from creating any third party interest in the property.
After that if the court has failed to take any step on the application for registration of FIR then you can file a writ petition whereby you pray before the High Court to give directions to the lower court to do its duty.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles