Can I proceed legally for recovery of token amount

I have given an advance of Rs.50000 against the property value fixed 2300000 to a party and mutualy signed the agreement(not mentioned anything about the returning of advance payment) for the same. But transaction was not happened because bank not approved the loan for that property. Now the party is not returning back my money. Can I proceed legally? Kindly give me an advice regarding this matter.

Answers (1)

You can issue a notice for cancellation of booking to the builder, but as the cancellation has been necessitated by your inability to arrange the funds and not the default of the builder the latter can forfeit the balance amount in whole or part in accordance with the agreement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my mother in law owe some land property it was registered in 1996 in the patta her name was changed but in the document it was correct,last month she …

Read More

We bought a huda plot in aug 2016 as co-owener with father now in june 2013 he requested court to remove my name in registry.can it be possible becaus…

Read More

How to transfer a residential property from mother to daughter in law ?…

Read More

Is registration of the will is complusory for taking loan from bank? And any concession for ladies on the will registration of her father?…

Read More