×

quesCan I file an appeal for a recovery case that i lost 12 years ago?

Can I file an appeal for a recovery case that I lost 12 years ago? I was cheated in a property deal and lost the case 12 years ago wherein I later filed a 420 cheating case that is going on in the Saket court. I want to also appeal for the recovery case that I lost 12 years ago.

What is the scope of mediation is such a situation?

With respect to the cheating case, Section 420 is a compoundable offence and therefore if the parties can reach to a settlement, the same can be presented before the Court and the case can be withdrawn.

With respect to the appeal from the recovery suit, no you cannot file an appeal after a delay of 12 years. As per the Limitation Act the appeal has to be filed within 30 days.

The courts condone the delay only when sufficient cause for the delay is shown. However the delay is of 12 years which the Court would most likely not allow.