×

quesCan father acquired property be claimed after 20 years?

My father (still alive) having a flat in chs in mumbai, gifted to my cousin around 20 years back on piece of plain paper. on the basis of this paper he changed membership of the flat to his name but all the documents/agreements are still with us. we are demanding our flat back but they are not bothered. please advise if a case can be made against society as well as my cousin. please advise.

• ansNo immovable property can be transferred through a plain paper. The paper your cousin is banking upon does not appear to have any legal value. File a civil suit for declaration of title and recovery of possession against your cousin. You make the society a party to the said suit.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services