Can dismissal of revision be avoided on late payment of interest

The section 154 of MCS ACT 1960 states - No application for revision shall be entertained against the recovery certificate issued by the Registrar under section 101 unless the applicant deposits with the concerned society fifty percent amount of the total amount of recoverable dues. Does this mean, the Law assumes if you apply for revision 2 months after the issuance of 101 Order, you by default have to pay 50% of the interest? I paid 50% without the interest to which the society lawyer prayed for dismissal. Can I pay the interest now so that my case is not dismissed? I have a strong ground for revision of the impugned order 101 and I do not want the case to be dismissed on any silly grounds. Please advise.

Answers (1)

350 votes

Just pay the interest. The society's lawyer's contention will become infructuous. You can submit that due to inadvertence the interest remained to be paid. If you are paying interest then I don't see any reason for dismissal of your revision petition

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles