quesCan DDA stop me from doing renovation in my own DDA flat?

My daughter is being harassed by her neighbor living on the ground floor wherein she lived on the 1+2 floor of the same DDA flat. She wants to carry out some renovations within her flat (no external additions) and has even hired professional architects and structure safety experts for that.


However, the ground floor owner, who works in DDA, is creating trouble and has given a written complaint to DDA and residential association. He has also sent a message through the association that he will allow renovation if he is paid Rs. 5 Lacs.


What should we do now?


  • ans


    See firstly you need to make sure that the alterations your daughter is planning to make are permissible as per the rules and guidelines applicable to DDA Flats.


    You can visit this link for permissible alterations: 


    If they are within the permissible alterations, then you should write a written request to DDA and residential association for permission and approval.


    You do not need to pay him any money. You can register a complaint with the nearest Police Station for criminal intimidation and extortion of money. You can also send a copy of this complaint to the DDA authorities.


  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got marraige six years back and now 10 months back my husband was expired…
My house is registered under my fathers and mothers name but my father is trying…
i want to file a suit for partition on ancestral properties. what documents do i…
When a deed of sale has to be signed by both parties - before registration…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>