Can DDA stop me from doing renovation in my own DDA flat?

My daughter is being harassed by her neighbor living on the ground floor wherein she lived on the 1+2 floor of the same DDA flat. She wants to carry out some renovations within her flat (no external additions) and has even hired professional architects and structure safety experts for that.

However, the ground floor owner, who works in DDA, is creating trouble and has given a written complaint to DDA and residential association. He has also sent a message through the association that he will allow renovation if he is paid Rs. 5 Lacs.

What should we do now?

See firstly you need to make sure that the alterations your daughter is planning to make are permissible as per the rules and guidelines applicable to DDA Flats.

You can visit this link for permissible alterations: 

If they are within the permissible alterations, then you should write a written request to DDA and residential association for permission and approval.

You do not need to pay him any money. You can register a complaint with the nearest Police Station for criminal intimidation and extortion of money. You can also send a copy of this complaint to the DDA authorities.