Can daughter claim share in ancestral property? Please advise.

my father has one son and 3 daughters. my father has 20 acrs ancestral property land. father gave 15 acrs land to my brother and brother family at 1990 with unregistered partition deed without daughters concern.brother family got passbooks through ror. father didnot give one acrs to daughters. father alive, daughters alive. only son died. can daughters ask for share

The Hindu Succession Act, 1956, originally didn't give daughters equal rights to ancestral property. This disparity was removed by an amendment that came into force on September 9, 2005. ... A division bench had opined that the amendment applied to daughters born on or after September 9, 2005.