can convicted persons can be witness to the will ?

My sister and her husband made the will(shared the property between me and sister) cancelled and made a new will so whole property goes to them and registered those properties without informing bcoz I lives in new Zealand. One of the witness is my sister husband and another witness don't know to read and write.my sister husband got a police for stealing money.is that kind of person witness is valid in andhra Pradesh. India. Thanks Shanthi

AS there is no provision for deciding the eligibility criteria for being a witness in the registration of the said property. So as per general law, the witness must have attained the age of majority, and must be of sound mind and is able to read and write.