Can construction start after caveat and there is no stay order

Hello sir, We have purchased a land of 2.5 guntas in deepa nursing home road of chikmagalur in the year 2015. On the left side of our land there is a land it belongs to retired police officer rajegowda,. We are planning to construct a house from past one year. We even have got a kevit so he coudnt get a temporary injunction for construction. But still court told us to wait untill the case gets solved. It took almost 6 months and last month we got the court order it says to dismiss his objection over our house construction. But that man is not yet satisfied with it and he has gone another court. We have got kevit from dat court as well and we have got an other kevit which charged us about 25k. But rajegowda went to local SI, and the police officer told us to wait for a week , if he wont get stay order you can continue the construction, But this week when we go der to clear and close the case that rajegowda came again and insisted us to not to construct. What can we do now?????????

Answers (1)

109 votes

File a police complaint in written form, if he refuses to take the complaint, the same must be addressed to Superintendent of Police of your district. If it's of no use after these two are done, you can file a criminal private complaint in jurisdictional court of JMFC and get relief. Immediately hire an advocate and proceed further as he can help with proper drafting of the complaint as a layman cannot understand the legal system and how it functions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles