can building Authority force us to do what they want us to do?

The society that i live in wants to control and standardize all vendors they want to control the milk man, telephone, cable, internet, newspaper etc. they want only one vendor of their choosing. I would like to continue services with the people who already are my present vendors, i understand a case of nuisance can be filed and a temporary stay can be obtained, i would like to know what is the cost involved in fighting such a case, how much time as in months or years are involved, and i have heard in cases like this the person who looses the case has to be responsible of the other party costs?

Answers (1)

334 votes

You have rightly mentioned that you can take a temporary stay. Further you can lodge a police complaint under Section 268 IPC. It will take approximately 2- 3 years,

Furthermore, whether you win or lose the case depends on the facts and circumstances, and discretion of court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles