quesCan builder cancel booking w/o telling for delay in 3 installments?

Can a builder cancel a booked flat without intimation because of delay in 3 installments from my end? I booked a flat wherein 3 installments were delayed and I did not get the intimation from the builder as I shifted my residence and did not inform the builder about the change in the address.


However, instead of following up with me for the payment, my allotment was cancelled and the money paid as advance has been credited to my bank account by the builder. Now they are offering me the same apartment at twice the cost.


How can I get my apartment back at the same price? Please advise.


  • ans

    It depends on whether the flat has been registered in your name or not. Once it is legally registered then the titles passes to you and the allotment cannot be cancelled except by the Court of law. 


    However, if the registration has not been completed, then it depends on the terms of the agreement. A builder can cancel your allotment if the terms and conditions of the Agreement entered into between you and the builder allow him to do so.


    The other option which will again depend on the terms and conditions of the agreement is filing a consumer complaint. You can give your reasons as to why you there was a delay in making payment of the instalments and seeking relief from the court. You can also state that no intimation was made to you regarding the non-payment and the allotment was cancelled unilaterally. We would like to know was there any covenant in the contract which ensure time bound construction. 


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My maternal grandfather passed away. The total property value is of around 11 crores. Now…
Hi All, I would appreciate your help and guidance in advance. here is my current…
Property is name of 5 person. 2 person have covered extra area from balance 03.…
I have a property wich was aloted on my big brothers name In 1976 From…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly