quesCan brother forcibly take share in property Willed to me by father?

My brother wants to take forcible possession over a part of my property that has been Willed to me by my father through a Registered Will. I am staying in the property currently but my brother says that he has a share in it as well wherein as per the Will the full share of the property has been given to me by our father.


What should I do to prevent my brother from taking any action / forceful possession of any share of my property?


  • ans


    Since your brother has also taken possession of one room, we would suggest that you file a suit for possession and damages against him asserting yourself to be rightful and lawful owner and in possession of the house.


    Once the possession is with you, then we can file a probate petition and a suit for declaration seeking that it be declared that you are the lawful owner and have inherited the house in question.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My great grab father owned 80 bigha land which was divided into 2 parts after…
i run a printing press in a area of 8 ft x10 ft in my…

Myself my mother and my two sisters are staying in a villa since 1974.This villa…

R/sir I have industrials property in noida. My father purchase this property in 1987 and…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly