Can a Village property ( gaonton ) be registered in subregister office

Dear sir /madam I am going to buy village property(gaonton) property in Koperkhairane sec 19 ,navimumbai,mahartastra could you please explain me what are doc needed to register property and how much stamp duty cost? the owner has light bill,notery aggrement from builder and tax receipt for home. hope i will get answer. thank you regards 

Answers (2)

208 votes

Your will require the following documents:
1. You will need a registered document from the builder and not simply a notarised agreement;
2. You will need 7/12 extracts or 8A form of the said land;
3. You will need to do a title search of the land through an advocate;
4. You will need to collect all other information relating to the current owner and previous owner;
5. Approach a local lawyer who can help you, with your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

203 votes

Hi. From your query I can gather that you are buying a residential property. For that it is essential that the seller should have a registered document in his name with proper stamp duty paid on that document. You said the seller has a notary agreement. That means stamp duty was not paid in the previous sale transaction between the builder and your seller. When you present your sale document for registration, the authority will first check whether stamp duty was paid on the first document. In your case it's not paid. So you or your seller as per agreement between you, have to bear that stamp duty along with penalty in addition to stamp duty payable on the sale document between your seller and you. It is not possible for me to tell you the exact stamp duty payable on sale transaction between you and your seller. For that I will need details. But I can inform you the rate of stamp duty which can be either 4 or 5% of consideration value or market value whichever is higher, depending what the competent authority in that area charge. Plus there will be registration fee of 1% of consideration value or market value whichever is higher. Some areas also have a separate local body tax. That you will have to determine from the department. The light bill and tax receipt can be attached to your sale agreement. I also recommend you to issue a public notice to invite objections from members of public against the proposed sale. Also take out a search report of atleast past 30 years (depending on the age of property) to ascertain no third party rights are created in respect of the property you are going to buy. The penalty payable for non payment of stamp duty on first sale document is maximum twice the stamp duty payable on that document. Thanx

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles