Can a settlement deed be revoked ?

My mother is the second wife of my father. He married her after the first wife's demise. My father has a son and daughter through the first marriage. He wrote a will and registered it before marrying my mom, stating that the house belongs to son. He has clearly stated that he is going to remarry and hence he is writing the property on his son. After my father's demise we gave a settlement deed on bro for the house. We gave away our shares to him. Now is it possible to revoke the settlement deed by my mom. Can I claim mine and mom's share from the house.

Answers (1)

118 votes

once gift deed is made donee becomes absolute owner of the property . cancellation of gift deed can be made by mutual consent of parties . gift deed / cancellation deed cited by you has to be perused to advice . if property has been gifted to minors for sale of their share court orders would be necessary .title is not clear and marketable dont purchase said property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles