Can a lady claim for the property after 13 years of death of a person?

my father had a brother who expired on 15 years back in 2000. my grandfather also died. so the property got transferred to my fathers name. now in 2013 one lady with a kid comes up and says that she is my Uncle's wife. but my uncle never married. now what options do we have to safeguard our property

When did she come ? To whom she met ? Where was ur uncle staying ? Has she shown any proof of her marriage ? Have u applied for Succession Certificate ? What is the status of your property as on today ?

If that lady has suggested documents which prove that she is the legally wedded wife then she can go to the court.However we suggest you to wait for her to take a legal action so that the onus is on her to prove.Also if you have done proper property transfer ie by putting the transfer of property on the news paper and other procedure then the chances are bleak on her getting the share in the property.