Can a gifted property be sold with gift deed as only document

IN 1899 X was born,died in 1974,he was the only son, before death he made a Will and made Y as the owner, Y gifted the property to his wife, there is gift deed. we want to sell this property, NA is not done also. Can this property be sold with the above papers we have? also tell me what all is needed to do a succession deed and court declaration.

Answers (1)

349 votes

Firstly you have not mentioned whether the owners of the property are governed by Goan law (whether they are/were Goan). Does 'we' in your question refer to 'Y's wife'?. Assuming that the current sellers are decendants of Y and are Goan, you would either have to drawn up a deed of succession before the registrar to show the inheritance or file a inventory proceedings in the court to get the property alloted to the present sellers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Good afternoon. According to our Prime Minister Modi's Speech I am taking initiative to Register my name on line about property matter. To do this…

Read More

Dear Sir, I need your assistance regarding a property that is gifted to my mother by my great grandmother. The said property is bought by my late grea…

Read More

A plot has been allotted to by Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority. I intend to gift it, completely free of cost, to my daughter. I have tw…

Read More

Sir my grand father have 2 sons and three daughters grandfather has earned own property in his own money he already gave some land to daughter's a…

Read More