quesCan 1 brother stop other brother from gifting his property to me?

My elder brother and father are wanting to gift a flat to me which in the name of both of them. My youngest brother is staying in the same flat and he is not agreeing to it.

Can brother legally do anything and stop them from gifting it to me. How to make a gift deed? Please note that the property is not ancestral.

  • ans

    As the said that the property has joint ownership,

    Both, your father and your elder brother should execute a gift deed in your favor.

    As you also stated that the said property is not ancestral, then your youngest brother has no right in it and he cannot stop them.

    For making a gift deed,

    It should be properly stamped and registered. And there is a mandate of needing 2 witnesses and the witnesses should preferably not be the family members.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

hi, i had bought a property in 2007 after 3 year i saw someone has marked…

I am planning to buy my first house , its a resale one. I got…

After my father's death, my aged mother continued living in the same old property owned…

I tried a legal heir certificate for my grand father through taluk office. They refuse…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly