Buying house which is on pagdi system since possession for 30 years

Me Vasai mumbai ka rahne wala hu Mera ek makan Hai Jo ki pagdi system ka Hai jis ki cost lag bhag 13-15 lakh Hai Me waha Karib 25-30 se rah raha hu Ab wo makan muje apne naam matlb ownship ka karna hai Jab makan malik k pass Jata hu to wo khud le rule Bata k or badi amout Bata Hai baat to dekha an dekha Kar deta Hai Pls legal advice do muje kya karna chahiye

Answers (1)

151 votes

As per the law of limitation if the owner of a property does not file a suit for getting possession of property within 12 years then the suit would be barred by limitation.
Hence although you don't have a right over the property you can file a suit for injunction on the ground that you have nowhere else to go and further you can make a request that you can settle the dispute by paying some amount to the owner and in return you become the owner of the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi all, I have piece of land without boundary. Since I live outstation, I used to rarely visit my place and due to time and money crisis, I didn't…

Read More

Some minor works are pending from my building contractor and we are entitled to pay 2 lakhs to him. Now he has sent a legal notice stating we have to …

Read More

Mai ye janana chahta hu ki agar mere pitaji mujhe apni jaydaad se bedakhal karne k baad bhawishya mai kabhi mujhe apne sath wapas rakhna chahte ho to …

Read More

We own 20 acres agriculture land, and we came to know that the road which is going through our land is no where in the records and the map There is no…

Read More