Builder delaying in giving possession of flat, how to cancel booking

Dear Team, Request you to please advise in below concern. I had booked a flat in mumbai last year in apr16 and that time builder said that he will give possession on dec-18 where now he has just started excavation work.... Now he has started registration process but in agreement they are giving possession date after 36+6 months and it seems they won't be able to deliver it before 4 year..... I have not done my registration yet and now i want to cancel the booking as earlier he had committed to deliver it on dec-18 thts the reasomln i had booked it....now he will deliver it in 2020.... Plz let me know the process of booking cancellation and will i get full amount. there is no cluase of cancellation charges on booking forms and receipt

you are entitled to get compensation delay period if the said condition is availed in the terms and conditions of sale agreement. If yes, you have to issued a legal notice to him for the same, if the said builder failed to comply the demand legal notice thereafter you have to approach the concerned jurisdictional consumer forum.