Brother sold part of ancestral property without consent 10 years back.

my granmother died in 1996 & she left her 2 house at bhiwani, haryana but now i came to know from a source that my brother sold one house in 2005 in his name.but my grand mother neither sell or transfer her house to any body nor make any will. what action i can take against my brother. i want that house back & want to cancel saledeed. thanks

Answers (1)

104 votes

After going through your query,

since the property was sold in 2005 the sale cannot be cancelled but if you have a valid reason to support the condonation of delay you may file for the same.

Regarding the remaining property,

you can file a partition suit in the concerned civil court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles