Brother lives abroad wants to sell his property to another brother

I am POA of my brothers flat, now he is looking to sell the flat and I am re buy.He does not lives in India , so I maintain the property. If I take a home loan , will I need to register the property? As I am only the one who did all paper works for this property initially. So I only signed all documents at time of registration etc etc as POA. my questions - Will bank require registration papers before releasing loan to me - Can I as a POA do all the process as by this my brother wont have to co - Whats the best way to go for it, I need the property and he wants to sell, Is there a way where my brother can simply transfer the property on my name and I get home loan too for the same property ?

Answers (1)

144 votes

You as a Power of Attorney holder do have the right to look into the affairs of the house but cannot use it to sell it to your own self. You may sell it to any one else or get the Power of Attorney revoked and then proceed. Your brother can execute a fresh power of attorney and you can get it registered here in someone else's name. After that you may apply for a home loan and buy the house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We are Hindu and are 4 brothers and 1 sister,all married . Our Father died in 2006 and mother presently is not in sound state of mind.Since she is liv…

Read More

I have a property owned jointly with my brother which has been gifted by our father to both of us . Now my brother is staying in that property and col…

Read More

Hi Good_-Morning Sir i want to know is it daughter have the rights to challenge the rights on her father property who passed away in 2008, now when mo…

Read More

Hello,We belong to Sikh family.My grandfather is not Alive He passed in year 2000.He has 3 sons and 2 daughter.1 son and 1 daughter passed away.Now re…

Read More