Brother fraudulently transferred property from other brother

Greetings, it was about a case which is still in place since 2006, two brothers out of one is unmarried (also littlie unstable and not having full sense-unmarried one), there is a piece of land yet not divided between two and both are joint holder of the land. Some goons got signature and thumb impression from the unmarried brother forcefully, by fake promises of marriage and other stuffs and now the scenario is that a case is pending in civil court which was filed by the same person (Unmarried brother-wherein others are supporting him financially) on the a/c of unmarried brother that a fraud was done with him as that was the only portion of land he has for his livelihood and the truth is that without even paying a single rupee other party has got that land registered on their name. Considering that I am writing you on behalf of Unmarried brother and his family, can you please help me understand that what are the chances and scope in this case. thanks!

Answers (1)

340 votes

We suggest that the unmarried brother should file a suit for partition thereby seeking his share in the property.

Further in the said suit itself he should specify that the signature were taken forcefully , by fraud. Also file application for temporary injuction thereby seeking stay on the property that the brother/goons cannot sell or create third party transfer.

In addition , he should file a police complaint under Section 420 and 506 of IPC.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles