Brother claiming whole ancestral property. What to do?

My father died in 2010 and after which my brother brought a false Will saying all the property to be transferred in his name. There was a plot which has been transferred in his name now. That plot was my grandfathers, which was transferred to my father as a part of property division. Now my mother and him are selling it without giving me any share and are asking me for a NOC. What should i do? DO i have a share in that property?

Answers (1)

182 votes
You have a one share in the property along with one share each of your brother and mother.

Since your brother is claiming whole property, he will have to get the Will probated and you can contest it if in your opinion it is false.

You can also file a suit for partition claiming that your father died intestate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles