Brother cheated father and got proeprty on his name.How to claim share

My father bought property in Delhi on joint name of himself and brother. Now he was hospitalized, during that time my brother by cheating got the my father's name removed from all property i.e. one shop and one house. My father got paralyzed and my brother beat me up a couple of days back. Now i want to get my share in that property. What can i do about it? How can i claim my share? I also complained to the police regarding the physical assault.

Answers (2)

74 votes

Sir, a criminal complaint must immediately be filed by you covering fully all the aspects. You must also file for partition of the property. The original document which carries your father's name will be crucial

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

246 votes

i am assuming that your brother has changed the mutation records on his own name. If that be so, the property still remains jointly in his and your father's name, however, if your norther has executed a registered conveyance (sale deed) the same will have to be challenged before a court of law. The final legal advice would depend on the nature of the property, funds from which the property was bought, and current status of title.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles