Bought property 12 years ago want to register it now

We bought one old house 12 years befor e from owner that time we are not aware of Grama saththam. We didn't registered that house land due to economical reasons . Now we want to register that property with our name. But it VAO telling its not possible hence no one available in first owner side unfortunately all are passed away. What is the solution here?

Answers (1)

293 votes

Any property can be legally transferred from one person to another only by means of a sale deed or a gift deed. Such deeds are to be registered compulsorily. Otherwise, the purchaser cannot legally claim any title or ownership.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles