Bank unsure about the original sale deed

Currently, I am in the process of obtaining loan against property from a prominent financial institution. However, my last page of original sale deed has faded from the back. When bank compared last page of original sale deed from last page of true copy they say at few places alignment is different (where buyer has signed and handwriting also differs a bit). Our lawyer has suggested that true copy is another set which is submitted with court and buyer has a different set which we have shared with bank.

However, bank is still not convinced that the papers we have provided are original sale deed. They are sure about ownership but unsure about original paper and are trying to reject our loan which is not acceptable by us as we know for a fact that our papers are original. What would you recommend in this case. How can we convince bank? Can you share any article where its mentioned that original and true copy are two different sets and would have few differences? Look forward to your help on same.

Answers (1)

296 votes
It is at bank discretion to sanction or reject loan. You cannot dictate terms to the bank for accepting your loan. Also you need to apply to Sub Registrar office for certified copy of sale deed. The true copy should be a mirror image of original. There cannot be any differences between original and true copies.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles