×

quesBank unsure about the original sale deed

Currently, I am in the process of obtaining loan against property from a prominent financial institution. However, my last page of original sale deed has faded from the back. When bank compared last page of original sale deed from last page of true copy they say at few places alignment is different (where buyer has signed and handwriting also differs a bit). Our lawyer has suggested that true copy is another set which is submitted with court and buyer has a different set which we have shared with bank.

However, bank is still not convinced that the papers we have provided are original sale deed. They are sure about ownership but unsure about original paper and are trying to reject our loan which is not acceptable by us as we know for a fact that our papers are original. What would you recommend in this case. How can we convince bank? Can you share any article where its mentioned that original and true copy are two different sets and would have few differences? Look forward to your help on same.

• ansIt is at bank discretion to sanction or reject loan. You cannot dictate terms to the bank for accepting your loan. Also you need to apply to Sub Registrar office for certified copy of sale deed. The true copy should be a mirror image of original. There cannot be any differences between original and true copies.