Bank authorities not releasing house registry

My father died in January 2005. He was working in State Bank of Indore, which is now State Bank of India. He took housing loan which was cleared after his death. We were getting the registry of the house without any problems but due to security reasons we decided to keep the registry in the bank. Now after the merger, State Bank of India's manager are not even giving us a certified copy of the registry. Instead they give us a deceased claim form which is impossible to fulfill. It's been 8 year's and still not giving anything in writing. What should we do as my mother is retired and my earning is not enough. We want to sell that that some financial assistance can be made.. please help

Answers (1)

171 votes

Title deeds of an immovable property are valuable documents. If the documents were delivered to the bank with intention to create equitable mortgage to secure a loan. In case of death of owner and final adjustment of loan the title deeds shall be delivered to legal heirs only. It may be through a succession certificate fr om a competent court or on the basis of an indemnity bond. Documents in this respect are not ticklish. You will have to complete either of the formality without excuses.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles