Ancestral property Dispute clarification

My grand father are two brothers. my grandfather has got 3 sons and his brother has no one else in family. now they got ancestral property from their father. My grandfather is selling the property and giving all money to one of my uncles. he says he will not give any property or money to my father and the other uncle. kindly suggest what needs to be done.

Answers (1)

132 votes

is this property your grandfathers self acquired property. you being the grand son have the right in the property. you need to file a suit for partition.

1) issue legal notice to your cousin for partition of the property .

2) if he refuses file suit for partition of property by meets and bound

3) you are entitled to sell your share even now but you would have to offer your cousin first right to purchase the property .

4) best is to enter into deed of family settlement / parttition so that you dont have to go to court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles