Ancestor Property sharing fraud took signature by emotional blackmail

My Mother in law had her parents property in Miraj Maharastra. She had 4 elder brothers and 2 Younger sisters Last month she went to Maharastra for talks and they forced blackmailed emotionally and took signature. She was not allowed to contact her children and took the signature. She came back to Bangalore. Later within a week she filed a case since they took the signature forcibly. They informed that Property would be divided only between Sons and not with Daughters. We have filed a case will we be able to get some share in the property. I mean her three children or my mother in law herself.

Answers (1)

197 votes

We suggest that your mother in law should file a suit for partition thereby seeking her share in the property.

Further in the said suit itself she should specify that the signature were taken forcefully , by threatening her to kill her and family. Also file application for temporary injuction thereby seeking stay on the property that the brothers cannot sell or create third party transfer.

In addition , your mother in law  should file a police complaint under Section 420 and 506 of IPC..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles