An objection to nomination of our plot has been filed twice ...

We were seeking registration of nomination for our plot which is in the name of our deceased mother. Somebody claiming that she is alive & is the owner of said property ; has produced an objection with signed letter (in the name of our mother) & provider only a mobile number as contact details. When asked them to come forth with papers ; the person has again produced a letter stating the number to be of her advocate & as there is threat to her life she can't turn-up. This second letter is signed slightly differently with the same mobile number in place of contact address. Please guide.

Answers (2)

285 votes

Don't worry! Proceed further.

Only you can know very well that whether your mother has been passed away or not. But if the property was intestate then you will have to file a civil suit to establish your succession rights over that property and in that suit you should make defendant that 'somebody', then the 'somebody' will have to produce your mother in the Court to prove her being alive and right over that property.

Then the truth about death of your mother and genuineness of those letters will also be known.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

316 votes

You are having two options 1.take assistance of police 2.file Habeas Corpus Petition.
Are you having any proof like death certificate, medical certificate etc? If so, please furnish full. Particulars. Your address to decide territorial jurisdiction.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles