Am I liable to pay property tax as i am only the tenant?

I am facing issues with my tenancy. The tax on the property of past 10 years is been shown pending on my account.

Am I liable to pay the said property tax?

We need to get a bit more information from you to guide you perfectly as the information provided by you is very limited.

We would like to know the following:

Was there any clause relating to the property tax in the rent agreement?

Were you in the possession of the property for time period of which the tax in pending?

After getting the above mentioned information and going through your rent agreement we would be able to clarify thing in a better manner.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari