am i entitled to share in my fathers property as mother says i am not

My mother has without my knowledge and approval has made 3 equal shares(hers,and my 2 brothers-Eldest is no more hence his wife,excluding me being the youngest married daughter) of my fathers property and rent income. When I questioned about my rights on that, she says ,I`m not entitled according to the law, which I know is not true. (I know what the law says). They are twisting the law according to their whims and fancy. What legal step can I take to correct this?

Answers (1)

167 votes

Please give me full details of your property as well as location of the Property. Please provide whether you belong to Schedule Tribe or not and also let me know whether you belong to Khasi/ Jaintia or Garo tribe of Meghalaya.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles