Am i entitled to my dead son's property? Am a hindu family widow.

I am a Hindu family widow and my son had died in February 2007. He has no child. His wife remarried in January 2008. Am I entitled share from his property?

Answers (1)

187 votes

First of all sorry to hear about your son. Yes, if your son has expired intestate i.e., without executing any will, then both you and your daughter-in-law become entitled to the properties of your son, in equal share.

However, if there is a will, then the bequeth shall be as per the will, if the will is validly executed, under the law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles