A purchased plot frm B. C says B sold it to C much earlier

A purchased a plot of land from B about 3 years back through registered sale deed. A has possession of the said plot. A created some construction on the land. When A tried to erect a boundary and gate on the plot, C claims that B had already sold the property to C about 18 years back and that sale deed was registered also. Knowing that C is making a false claim and the alleged 18 year old sale deed is forged, what action can be taken by A.

Answers (3)

299 votes

You can file criminal complaint against C underprovisions of cheating, forgery, fraud etc. This would be in the criminal sphere.

Ensure you are in possession of the properly from a practical point of view. You may also want to file a civil suit for permanent injunction against C.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

210 votes

You will need to file a suit for declaration and further reliefs such as possession and cancellation of documents if required. You may also proceed with a criminal case and have an FIR registered or even approach the magistrates court for the offence of forging, cheating etc.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
322 votes

Sir, in cases such as yours which a have become fairly common these days you have multiple options such as instituting a suit before the concerned civil court as well as filing a criminal complaint for forgery etc. The precise contours of the actions to be taken in law will require a detailed discussion

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles