A person died without any heir. Can i legally takeover her property?

My neighbor is a female. She died without making any Will and there is no one to claim the property she left.

Can I claim her property somehow? If not then what will happen to her property?

Whom should I notify regarding her property left without anyone to claim it?

Answer

As your neighbor died intestate and there is no person to claim her property, it still does not entitle you to takeover her property. 

No law provides for inheriting neighbor’s property if there is no person to claim her property.

As per the law if there is no legal heir to claim the property, the said property vests to the state.

You can inform the considered tehsildar or district registrar for taking necessary actions.