3rd person trying to grab my land. What legal remedy do i have?

I have a property in Rajasthan. I am staying in Delhi. Some people have damaged my property and also trying to get possession of the said property.

What cases can I file against those people? And in which court should I file those cases?

Please note the property is ancestral.

Answers (1)

289 votes

Before giving you any legal advice, we would like to know that who is in the current possession of the said property?

If the aforementioned property is in your possession then,

The following legal recourses are available to you :

You can file a suit for permanent injunction under section 38 of the specific relief act in the concerned civil court.

Along with the said suit you file an application for temporary injunction under Order 39 Rule 1 & 2 of the Civil Procedure Code(CPC)

Also you can file a police complaint to police under the following sections :

1. Sec. 420 of IPC which deals with Cheating
2. Sec. 425 of IPC which deals with Mischief
3. Sec. 441 of IPC which deals with Criminal Trespass.

Now regarding your second query,

All cases are to be filed in the court under whose jurisdiction the property falls which in this case is Rajasthan and all the civil and criminal cases will be filed in Rajasthan.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles