Procedure to recover bike impounded by police

My bike was impounded by a police man in palam area. As I did not have the documents at that time. Now I have all the documents. Is it necessary for me to give an application to acp dhaula kua to release my bike.

Answers (3)

204 votes

Had the police officer given any Challan at the time of impounding your bike? If yes, you have to file an application before the court concerned for payment of Challan amount and release of your bike. After paying the fine as ordered by the court, the court will also pass an order to release the bike and that copy of order you have to submit before the ACP of concerned traffic circle.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

Police man had issued chalan receipt regarding impounding of byke, in which sections also mentioned for the same. You have to move application for release of byke before concerned court with all the documents.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
147 votes

Yes , you have to follow their procedure to get release your bike from their custody. ask them to tell you full procedure to get release your bike.
Do not give your original papers to them . just show or provide photocopy.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles