Can I get an exception from wearing helmet?

Wearing helmet may be cited as safety reasons but for me it comes with great peril, wearing it not only limits my eyesight as well as hearing during riding it also causes me issues as i have severe headache issues as well as spinal problems. Many a times i have been at the verge of collision due to not being able to hear the horn or unable to see at my sideview. I need an exemplory certificate as soon as possible and not just in my state, for whole country as my work requires me travelling very often and at a moment's notice due to which i travel by bike mostly.

Answers (2)

55 votes

As per M.V.Act, helmet wearing is mandatory to pillion rider also. For hearing problem you may use hearing add. If you have several diseases, you don't drive two wheeler. You can be easily drive four wheeler across India.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

148 votes

The Motor Vehicles Act makes it mandatory for a person driving a two wheeler to wear helmet for safety reasons. Only male persons belonging to the Sikh religion who have to, by order of religion, wear a turban/patka are exempted from this rule. It would be interesting to mention that a sikh female petitioned to be included in this exception but was denied by the court. I suppose there must be manufacturers catering to your need of helmet. As an advise I would say please obtain medical help regarding your problems.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

If in case some other vehicle comes and hit my car which damages my car wherein there is not even a 1% fault of me. Then do I need to get a compensati…

Read More

On a road which had no divider a biker at a very high speed came from opposite side and encroached wrongly into my lane and did a head on collision wi…

Read More

I have met with an RTA, where I was driving the car with my family and suddenly a person comes to road ran towards the road to cross it and there was …

Read More

What is the procedure for drink and drive vehicle 2 wheeler release?My friend was involved in an accident, was drunk and so was the pillion rider. How…

Read More