Tenant altered terms in lease agreement and stopped PDC cheque

Tenent done alterations not agreed in agreement to lease now forcing to accept it or now stopped PDC cheque payment issuing letter to his bank. Now should I present cheque or ? ?

Answers (1)

It would be advisable to issue a legal notice at the first junction highlighting that the tenant is in breach of the terms of the tenant agreement.
Once that has been sent, and a response has been received [either express or implied] the cheque should be used as a means to recover the costs of repairing the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

my father has a property..he want to give it on rent but want the agreement to be made on sons name and rent should be given to son…

Read More

Hi Sir, We have had an agreement of sale with landlord in Mar-2014 for 4.5 acres of land and paid 25% of total agreed amount to the landlord. As per t…

Read More

For a commercial property to be rented out for more than 11 months, is it mandatory to register the rental agreement?…

Read More

There is no rent agreement. I have been staying in the property for 4 years. There was a agreement only for the first year. Thereafter no rent agreeme…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue