Shopkeeper not willing to pay shop rent mentioned in the agreement

I have given my 8 shops for rent and the agreement rent deeds have been fixed for three years.The rent of the shops is 1500RS per month. All the shopkeepers have signed on the rent agreement and this rent agreement was made in presence of an advocate of my locality in the court. But now after two years of gap one of the shopkeeper is arguing that he will not pay 1500 RS as monthly rent bcz according to him, that time(during fixing of rent deed) it was discussed that what the rent is being paid by other shopkeepers(of other shopping complex) the same will be paid by him. But in the rent deed it is clearly mentioned that he has to pay 1500 RS per month and the rent what he is talking about is not mentioned in our rent deed. So in such circumstances what should i do?

First of all we suggest that you should send him a legal notice thereby asking him to make the payment and further terminate the agreement forthwith and seek your possession. Since he has left the premises so, you further lodge a police complaint thereby informing that certain items have been stolen.

We suggest that you should consult local lawyer at the earliest

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers