Shopkeeper not willing to pay shop rent mentioned in the agreement

I have given my 8 shops for rent and the agreement rent deeds have been fixed for three years.The rent of the shops is 1500RS per month. All the shopkeepers have signed on the rent agreement and this rent agreement was made in presence of an advocate of my locality in the court. But now after two years of gap one of the shopkeeper is arguing that he will not pay 1500 RS as monthly rent bcz according to him, that time(during fixing of rent deed) it was discussed that what the rent is being paid by other shopkeepers(of other shopping complex) the same will be paid by him. But in the rent deed it is clearly mentioned that he has to pay 1500 RS per month and the rent what he is talking about is not mentioned in our rent deed. So in such circumstances what should i do?

Answers (1)

108 votes

First of all we suggest that you should send him a legal notice thereby asking him to make the payment and further terminate the agreement forthwith and seek your possession. Since he has left the premises so, you further lodge a police complaint thereby informing that certain items have been stolen.

We suggest that you should consult local lawyer at the earliest

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."