Security deposit refund by me if lease agreement in husband's name

Me n my husband stayed in a rented house. Agreement was in his name and security deposit was paid by mortgaging my gold. Now be are living separated. My husband has vanished from that rented house with my belongings(cupboard, washing machine etc) and I don't know the location of his new home. He is claiming the security deposit refund from the landlady of the house we had rented. Do I have any right to claim the deposit

hi,
Firstly, you have to file police complaint that your husband has cheated you and went away by taking your valuables.
Secondly, if you know that he want to claim security deposit, tell your landlady not to give it to him or else inform you/police for necessary action. And if she informs you, inform police immediately. But, first file police complaint and also give them list of your missing articles/valuables.

hallo
It seems that the deposit receipts is in name of your husband. As per your contention you have contributed some amount towards such a deposit. This is inter se arrangement between you and your husband for which there is a no any proof. Therefore the landlord is duty bound to repay the amount of deposit in favor of person whose name is reflected in deposit receipt. But you can continue the tenancy unless landlord initiate necessary action for eviction.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers